CAPE COD® "BAGS OF CASH" 2016 PROMOTION
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- ELIGIBILITY: Cape Cod® "Bags of Cash" 2016 Promotion is an Instant Win Game (the "Game") and is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age and older at the time of entry, who are physically located and reside in the United States or District of Columbia at time of entry ("Eligible Participant"). Void in Puerto Rico & where prohibited. Employees, directors and officers, and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses), and the respective household members, of S-L Snacks National, LLC, ("Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, and divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and Tenthwave Digital LLC and all others associated with the design, execution, production, development, and promotion of this Game (collectively, the "Game Entities") are not eligible to participate. Game is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. U.S. law governs this Game. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify participants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Game in any manner. If a participant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that participant’s eligibility to participate in the Game.
- GAME TIMING/DESCRIPTION: The Game begins on August 15, 2016 at 12:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends on January 6, 2017 at 11:49 PM ET ("Game Period"). There will be a total of twelve (12) Grand Prizes available to be awarded. Any unclaimed Grand Prizes will be awarded in a Second Chance Random Drawing in accordance with Paragraph 9 below. All properly claimed Grand Prizes will be awarded.
- HOW TO PLAY THE GAME:
1) When you purchase a specially-marked, 8-ounce bag of one of the following Cape Cod® Chips - Original and Reduced Fat - during the Game Period, open the bag and look inside to see if you are a winner. If the package contains a game piece with a prize winning message, you are a potential winner of the prize indicated subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules. If the bag does not contain a game piece, you are not an instant winner. In order to be considered properly claimed, all Grand Prize claims must be postmarked by 1/6/17 and received by 1/16/17. See Rule #5 below on how to claim a prize. Non-winning bags will not contain a game piece.
2) To play the Game without purchasing a bag of Cape Cod® Chips: Print your name, address, email address (optional), and phone number, on a 3½" x 5" piece of paper and mail, in an envelope with proper postage affixed, to: Cape Cod "Bags of Cash" 2016 Promotion NP Entry, PO Box 795, Plainview, NY 11803-0795. Mail-in submissions must be postmarked by 1/6/17 and received by Sponsor by 1/16/17 in order to be eligible to win a Grand Prize. Each mail-in submission must be mailed separately. No mechanical reproductions permitted. No correspondence will be acknowledged. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or postage-due mail. If you are a potential Grand Prize winner, you will be notified by email or U.S. mail and will be instructed on how to claim your prize. Non-winners will not be notified. Purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Eligible participants may use either game play method. Any unclaimed Grand Prizes will be awarded in a Second Chance Drawing (See Rule #9).
AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE BAG PACKAGE SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY, THE WINNER DOCUMENTS, AND COMPLIANCE WITH THE TERMS OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES HAVE BEEN VERIFIED BY SPONSOR, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED BY SPONSOR THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE AND ENTRANT IS A WINNER.
- HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE: If you are a potential Grand Prize winner, sign the winning game piece and make a copy for your records. Send the original game piece inside an envelope along with a 3½" x 5" paper containing your hand printed name, complete address (no PO boxes), email address and daytime phone number, and mail via REGISTERED MAIL, return receipt requested, or any other traceable method of delivery, to:Cape Cod "Bags of Cash" 2016 Promotion Instant Win Claim, c/o Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747. Grand Prizes must be must be postmarked by 1/6/17 and received by 1/16/17 in order to be considered properly claimed. All game pieces submitted will be verified by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization whose decisions, along with Sponsor's, are final on all matters relating to this Game. Fraud detection devices may have been placed on game pieces. Any game piece that is forged, mechanically reproduced, altered, defaced, illegible, mutilated or tampered with in any way, containing printing or other errors or obtained through unintended channels is automatically void. No responsibility is assumed by Releasees (defined below) for incorrect, incomplete, lost, undelivered, misdirected, illegible or postage due or late mail, deliveries, or other communications. Incomplete or nonconforming entries will be disqualified. All prize claims are subject to verification and compliance with these official rules. All prize claims submitted become the sole property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. The submission of a prize claim is solely the responsibility of the participant.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: Winner confirmation is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to sign and execute an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and where legal, a publicity release and Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification) (collectively, the "Winner Documents"), and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance. Non-compliance within the requested time frame or with the Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the potential winner being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded in the Second Chance Drawing. If any potential winner is eligible but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on potential winners set forth herein.
- PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Twelve (12) Grand Prizes: Each Grand Prize is $5,000 to be awarded in the form of a check. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $5,000/each. Total ARV of all prizes: $60,000. Odds of winning a Grand Prize: 1 in 345,455 and for mail in entries, depends on the number of eligible entries received.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Grand Prizes will be awarded within 6-8 weeks after receipt of prize claim (subject to Sponsor's verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules). All federal, state, local and other taxes and any other costs not specifically stated within these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the winners. Prizes may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. All claimed prizes will be awarded. Unclaimed Grand Prizes will be awarded in a Second Chance Drawing (See Rule #9). There is a limit of one Grand Prize per person and per household address.
- SECOND CHANCE DRAWING: There will be a Second Chance Drawing conducted on or about 1/27/17 to award any unclaimed Grand Prizes, if any. To enter, print your name, email address (optional), address, city, state, ZIP Code, on a 3½" X 5" paper. Insert entry into an envelope, affix postage and mail to: Cape Cod "Bags of Cash" 2016 Promotion Second Chance, P. O. Box 918, Plainview, NY 11803-0918. Mail-in entries for the Second Chance Drawing must be postmarked by 1/6/17 and received by Sponsor by 1/16/17 in order to be eligible. Please note that mail-in entries into the Grand Prize instant win portion of the Game will NOT be included in the Second Chance Drawing. You must separately enter the Second Chance Drawing to be eligible for any prizes awarded in that portion of the Game. Each mail-in entry for the Second Chance Drawing must be mailed in a separate outer envelope. No mechanical reproductions permitted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be returned. Winner(s), if any, will be selected in a random drawing by Tenthwave Digital LLC, an independent judging organization, from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning an unclaimed Grand Prize in the Second Chance Drawing are dependent on the number of eligible entries received and the number of unclaimed Grand Prizes available. Winners, if any, will be notified by U. S. mail and/or email. Decisions of the judges, along with Sponsor, will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Game. Winner confirmation is subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Second Chance Drawing winners will be required to sign and execute the Winner Documents (described in Paragraph 6 above), and return same, properly executed, within seven (7) days of issuance. Non-compliance within the requested time frame or with the Official Rules, or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the potential winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may, at its discretion, select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining eligible entries. If any potential winner is eligible but still considered a minor in his/her state of residence, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on potential winners set forth herein.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements. By accepting a prize, a winner consents to the use of his/her name, image, likeness, photograph, voice and biographical material and entry submission for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes by Sponsor, or a party designated by Sponsor, in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including the internet, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Participants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final, and waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: PARTICIPANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE GAME ENTITIES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "RELEASEES") FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE GAME OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE GAME OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE GAME AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected entry submissions or prize claims, or errors of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for inability to submit a prize claim or an entry, or fraud, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the development of promotional materials, processing of entries and claims, awarding of prizes and/or which may damage a user's system or limit a participant's ability to participate in the Game or receive a prize. Game materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Game be, in Sponsor's sole opinion, compromised by non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of entries or claims, or should the Game be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Game and, if terminated, at its discretion, select potential winner[s] in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GAME MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any person who violates the rules or interferes with the Game in any manner. If a participant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate such participant's eligibility to participate in the Game.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Game, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of North Carolina), or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of North Carolina.
- NUMBER OF PRIZES: No more than the listed number of prizes will be awarded. In the event of a printing, production, seeding, technical or human error, or for any other reason, the number of winning game pieces distributed or received for any prize level exceeds the number of prizes listed in these Official Rules for that level, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible prize claims received to award the listed number of prizes for that level.
- WINNERS' LIST: For the names of the winners, available after 2/28/17, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 3/31/17 to: Cape Cod "Bags of Cash" 2016 Promotion Winners, P. O. Box 997, Plainview, NY 11803-0997.
- SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: The Sponsor of this Game is S-L Snacks National, LLC, 13515 Ballantyne Corporate Place, Charlotte, North Carolina 28277. Administrator: Tenthwave Digital LLC, 35 Pinelawn Road, Suite 108W, Melville, NY 11747.
© Copyright 2016 Tenthwave Digital LLC. All rights reserved. Participants may copy these official rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.