Butternut Squash “Cheese” Dip
Cape Cod Waves Potato Chips
1.5 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
1.5cups soaked cashews!
1/4 cup unsweetened nut milk
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (1T was used in sautéing the squash! 1T was added after)
2 garlic cloves
1 or 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
4 T nutritional yeast
Juice from half a lemon!
Your favorite flavor of Cape Cod Waves Potato Chips!
- Soak cashews in water overnight (or for at least 3 hours!) Drain water out.
- Boil butternut squash cubes, or steam them in the microwave, until the cubes are cooked through.
- TWO OPTIONS HERE:
- Sauté the boiled/steamed squash in 1T olive oil on a skillet OR leave as is.
- Place cashews (they will be soggy), butternut squash, unsweetened nut milk, crushed garlic, salt, nutritional yeast, and juice from half of a lemon in a food processor or Vitamix.
- If you sautéed the butternut squash in olive oil while you were preparing it, only add ONE more T of Olive Oil to the blender. If you only steamed the root, add 2T of olive oil to the blender.
- Blend on High!
- I had to stop and scrape the sides of my Vitamix 2-3 times before the cheese dip was thoroughly blended.
- Pour your ‘cheese’ into a bowl or add to a platter, and serve alongside your favorite flavor of Cape Cod Waves Flavor Potato Chips!! I recommend Sea Salt or Reduced Fat Sea Salt for this dip!